Course Dates: August 2 - August 20, 2021
The Peace Restored | Tier 1 course will provide you as your school's Peace Restored Program Coordinator with the ability to provide on-site coordination of the Peace Restored program, and facilitate Community Building Circles that focus on establishing a whole-school restorative approach to education and discipline in a school.
Community Building Circles are an essential building block for:
- creating a caring school community and culture where each person is an essential and valuable member of the community;
- providing a forum to discuss expectations of the community;
- introducing restorative circles and key elements of the circle process;
- building relationships, and learning more about each other and one another’s cultures; discussing issues of concern.
This online experience — tailored for educators or counselors who will serve as their school's Peace Restored Program Coordinator and Restorative Practices Facilitator— is led by an experienced restorative practices instructor.
- Over the course of 3 successive weeks, you will participate in (6) 3-hour live lectures.
- Weekly modules include readings, handouts, assignments, activities, and other resources.